The Shelter is always in need of supplies including:
- Dog food
- Cat food (wet and dry)
- Kitten & puppy food (wet and dry)
- Kitty litter (prefer the plain, non-scoopable clay variety)
- HIGH-EFFICIENCY Laundry detergent ONLY
- Clorox wipes
- Fly traps
- Air fresheners
- Litter boxes or small tin lasagna trays to be used as litter boxes
- Cotton balls
- Baby food (chicken flavor - for the kittens)
- L-Lysine supplement to help build immune systems
- Heating pads (to keep mother-less baby kittens warm)
- Make checks payable to the Allegany County Animal Shelter Management Foundation (ACASMF), then in the memo please specify what you want the money to go toward, e.g., vet bills, food, building fund, etc.
And of course we always need volunteers and adoptive and foster homes; Adoption form is downloadable on the Adoption page. Volunteer form is downloadable on the Volunteers page or contact the shelter (301-777-5930) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for details on these.
BarkBox is dedicated to supporting the health and happiness of all dogs! That’s why we donate at least 10% of our profits to shelters, rescues and animal welfare organizations.
Visit the BarkBox website for more details and don't forget to use the Allegany County Animal Shelter's exclusive coupon code: ACASBBX1
DonationsThe Allegany County Animal Shelter is a shelter of hope. While it is supported through the county, contributions of money, time and in-kind gifts from the public is a tremendous help to our animals and in our efforts to care for as many cats and dogs as possible. Online financial donations can be made easily and securely through our Donations Page or through Paypal